BYT-ON, Polish graphene processor works 3 months without battery charging. Apr 1st, 2012
No matter how you call it - Prima Aprilis, April Fools’ Day, All Fools’ Day, Aprilscherz, Jour du poisson d’avril or Hunt the gowk Day - thank you for your sense of humor and thank you that you took our joke.
Digital Core Design, Polish design laboratories from Bytom have developed the world’s first processor made of graphene. BYT-ON - that’s the name of this breakthrough solution - contains an unique architecture, which allows to process all operations with speeds reaching up to 1/300 the speed of light. Furthermore, it features minimal power consumption, as little as 1 fA/MHz, so that the processor can work even for 3 months on a single battery charge.
Bytom, 1st of April 2012. Graphene is an allotrope of carbon, discovered in 2004, for which in 2010, two physicists were awarded the Nobel Prize. Use of graphene in BYT-ON processor means a breakthrough in electronics, since the traditional silicon structure has been replaced with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, of which the material is built. – We have started our tests just before the end of 2011 and the results exceeded our expectations – notes Tomasz Ćwienk, the spokesman for Digital Core Design – We fitted our processor in one of the newest tablets available on the market and much to our surprise, it worked from January till end of March, without charging the battery.
These revolutionary results were possible due to the combination of the Digital Core Design’s proprietary architecture (which is the outcome of 12 years of company’s experience) and the graphene itself, which opens brand new possibilities for the electronic industry. The architecture implemented in the BYT-ON processor is called CISKoRISK 2nd generation – it allows running all operations with speeds reaching up to 1/300 the speed of light, while maintaining 90% lower power consumption. The project has only one drawback – the price of the BYT-ON processor. It is built of micromechanically constructed graphene crystallite, of the size of cross-sectional area of human hair and its price oscillates around 1000$ - We are in the final phase of negotiations with banks, so everyone can buy this processor with 100 installments with 0% interest. – finishes Ćwienk.
- May 7th. DQ80251 from Digital Core Design is the World’s Fastest 8051 CPU
- Apr 2nd. World’s Fastest 8051 IP Core from Digital Core Design is 29 times faster
- Mar 5th. DI2CM – 12 years a… master
- Feb 2nd. Complete USB Human Interface Design Platform
- Dec 3rd. DF6811E – 4 times faster architecture for HC11
- Jun 14th. Success Story: Myson Century: “Outstanding performance” - the core advantage of DCD’s 8051 family
- Apr 10th. Success Story: ASIX: The key to new network solutions.
- Mar 1st. Success Story: Syntronix: Long-term cooperation based on professionalism and trust.
- Jan 3rd. Success Story: TAOS: Support – the key to success.
- Nov 28th. Success Story: Avisonic Chooses DCD’s DP8051 for Image Processors