DFSPI – SPI FLASH Controller with Execute in place – XIP (SINGLE, DUAL and QUAD SPI Bus Controller with DDR / DTR support and optional AES Encryption)
DFSPI bridge to APB, AHB, AXI bus, it is a fully configurable SINGLE, DUAL, QUAD and OCTAL SPI master/slave device, which allows user to configure polarity and phase of serial clock signal SCK. As an option, the DFSPI controller has a built in support for HyperBusTM specification and xSPI (Expanded Serial Peripheral Interface – JESD251A) specification. The SPI Controller allows easy communication with most available SPI FLASH memories.
A serial clock line (SCK) synchronizes shifting and sampling of the information on the serial data lines. It is a technology independent design that can be implemented in a variety of process technologies. The DFSPI system is flexible enough to interface directly with numerous standard product peripherals from several manufacturers. Clock control logic allows a selection of clock polarity and a choice of two fundamentally different clocking protocols to accommodate most available synchronous serial peripheral devices.
The DFSPI can automatically drive selected by SSCR (Slave Select Control Register) slave select outputs (SS3O – SS0O), and address SPI slave device to exchange serially shifted data. It supports two DMA modes: single transfer and multi-transfer. These modes allow DFSPI to interface to higher performance DMA units, which can interleave their transfers between CPU cycles or execute multiple byte transfers. DFSPI is fully customizable, which means it is delivered in the exact configuration that meets users’ requirements.
- Set of software accessible control registers to execute any Flash memory command
- Supports any device clock frequency, polarity and phase,
- Programmable baud rate generator,
- Built in FLASH Commands decoder supports most popular FLASH devices,
- Optional built in AES Encoder/Decoder
- DMA support
- Optional support for various SPI Bus Standards: HyperBusTM, xSPI
- Compliant with AMBA2 Specification, supports APB, AHB, AXI bus interfaces
- Single, Dual, Quad and OCTAL SPI transfer/reception
- Execute in place – XIP functionality support
- Data Bus Size configuration to 8, 16 or 32 bits wide
- Optional FIFO size extension
- Maximum supported Flash address range – 32 bits
- Up to 4 SPI slaves can be addressed
- Software Slave Select Output – SSO – selection
- Automatic Slave Select outputs assertion
- System error detection
- Interrupt generation
- Bit rates generated as 1/ 2.. 1/255 of system clock.
- Four SPI transfer formats supported: CPOL/CPHA.
- Simple interface allows easy connection to microcontrollers
- Fully synthesizable, static synchronous design with no internal tri-states
DSPI bridge to APB, AHB, AXI bus, it is a fully configurable SPI master/slave device, which allows you to...
+ Master & Multi-master operations
+ 8 SPI slave select lines
+ System error detection
DQSPI bridge to APB, AHB, AXI bus, it is a revolutionary quad SPI designed to offer the fastest operations available...
+ The fastest available operations
+ For any serial SPI memory
+ Supports all 8, 16, 32-bit CPUs