High performance MCU for applications requiring code space larger than 64 kB.
The DP80390 is an ultra-high performance, speed optimized, the soft core of a single-chip 8-bit embedded controller, intended to operate with fast (typically on-chip) and slow (off-chip) memories. It supports up to 8 MB of linear code space and 16 MB of linear data space. The core was designed with a special concern about the performance to power-consumption ratio. This ratio is extended by an advanced power management unit – the PMU. The DP80390 softcore is 100% binary-compatible with the industry standard 8051 8-bit microcontrollers. There are two configurations of DP80390:
- Harvard, where internal data and program buses are separated, and
- von Neumann with the common program and external data bus.
The DP80390 has a Pipelined RISC architecture and executes 85-200 million instructions per second. Dhrystone 2.1 benchmark program runs from 11.46 to 15.55 times faster than the original 80C51 at the same frequency. The same C compiler was used for benchmarking of the core vs 80C51 with the same settings. This performance can be also exploited to great advantage in low-power applications, where the core can be clocked over ten times slower than the original implementation, without performance depletion. The DP80390 is delivered with a fully automated test bench and a complete set of tests, allowing easy package validation at each stage of the SoC design flow. Each of DCD’s 80390 Cores has built-in support for the proprietary Hardware Debug System called DoCD™. It is a real-time hardware debugger, which provides debugging capability of a whole System-on-Chip (SoC). Unlike other on-chip debuggers, the DoCDTM provides non-intrusive debugging of a running application. It can halt, run, step into or skip an instruction, and read/write any contents of the microcontroller, including all registers, internal and external program memories, and all SFRs, including user-defined peripherals.
ALL DCD’S IP CORES ARE TECHNOLOGY INDEPENDENT WHICH MEANS THAT THEY ARE 100% COMPATIBLE WITH ALL FPGA & ASIC VENDORS E.G.
- Altera / Intel,
- Xilinx / AMD,
- Microsemi / Microchip,
- SK Hynix
- Software in 100% compatible with 80390 & 8051 industry standards
- LARGE mode – 8051 instruction set
- FLAT mode – 80390 instruction set
- Pipelined RISC architecture enables to run 15.55 times faster, than the original 80C51 at the same frequency
- Up to 14.632 VAX MIPS at 100 MHz
- 24 times faster multiplication
- 12 times faster division
- Up to 256 bytes of internal (on-chip) Data Memory
- Up to 8 MB of linear Program Memory
- 64 kB of internal (on-chip) Program Memory
- 8 MB external (off-chip) Program Memory
- Up to 16 MB of external (off-chip) Data Memory
- User programmable Program Memory Wait States
- User programmable External Data Memory Wait States
- De-multiplexed Address/Data bus, to allow easy memory connection
- Interface for additional Special Function Registers
- Fully synthesizable
- Static synchronous design
- Positive edge clocking and no internal tri-states
- Scan test ready
- 2 GHz virtual clock frequency in a 0.25u technological process
- USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, LIN, HDLC, Smart Card interfaces available
|Design||Dhry speed||on-chip CODE RAM/ROM||off-chip CODE||CODE write||IDATA space||XDATA space||XDATA, CODE wait states||DoCDTM||PMU||Interrupt sources||DPTR||Timers||UART||IO Ports||Compare/
Power of Innovation is our primary target. That’s why our R&D focuses on every IP Core detail. As a result of that concern, some unique solutions were born. One of them is the on-Chip Debugger (DoCD™), which is a complete debugging system, dedicated for DCD's DQ80251/DQ8051/DT8051/DP8051x/DP80390x Microcontroller Cores.Read more
The DQ8051 is an ultra-high performance, speed-optimized soft core of a single-chip 8-bit embedded controller, designed to operate with fast...
World's Most Powerful 8051
The DP8051 is an ultra-high performance, speed-optimized softcore, of a single-chip 8-bit embedded controller, intended to operate with fast (typically on-chip)...
up to 14.632 VAX MIPS at 100 MHz
24 times faster multiplication
12 times faster division
The DT8051 - area optimized, the tiny soft core of a single-chip 8-bit embedded microcontroller, based on the World's fastest...
World's smallest 8051 IP Core
area optimized architecture - 6 650 ASIC gates
with the DoCD on-chip debugger